|3 Months Ended|
Mar. 31, 2022
|SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY||SHAREHOLDERS’ EQUITY
The following is a summary of Huntington’s non-cumulative, non-voting, perpetual preferred stock outstanding.
(1) Denotes earliest option redemption date. Earlier redemption is solely at Huntington’s option, subject to prior approval of FRB.
(2) Series B and H of preferred stock have a liquidation value and redemption price per share of $1,000, plus any declared and unpaid dividends.
(3) Series E, F, G and I preferred stock have a liquidation value and redemption price per share of $100,000, plus any declared and unpaid dividends.
The following table presents the dividends declared for each series of Preferred shares for the three-month periods ended March 31, 2022 and 2021:
On July 21, 2021, the Board authorized the repurchase of up to $800 million of common shares within the four quarter period from the third quarter of 2021 through the second quarter of 2022. Purchases of common stock under the authorization may include open market purchases, privately negotiated transactions, and accelerated share repurchase programs. During the 2022 first quarter, Huntington repurchased no shares of common stock. As of March 31, 2022, Huntington has completed $650 million of the current share repurchase authorization.
Treasury shares includes shares held for deferred compensation plans, at cost, of $78 million at March 31, 2022 and $79 million at December 31, 2021.
Non-controlling Interest in Subsidiaries
Through the acquisition of TCF, Huntington acquired a joint venture in which Huntington maintains a 55% ownership interest. As Huntington has a controlling financial interest, its financial results are consolidated in Huntington's financial statements and the other party’s 45% ownership interest is reported as a non-controlling interest within equity.
No definition available.
The entire disclosure for shareholders' equity comprised of portions attributable to the parent entity and noncontrolling interest, including other comprehensive income. Includes, but is not limited to, balances of common stock, preferred stock, additional paid-in capital, other capital and retained earnings, accumulated balance for each classification of other comprehensive income and amount of comprehensive income.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/disclosureRef